[CQ-Contest] LoTW - easy!

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] LoTW - easy!
From: "Donald Field" <g3xtt@lineone.net>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 09:49:57 +0100
I'm astonished at the whining on here about LoTW. By far the majority of
contesters have mastered sending Cabrillo logs - sending certified LoTW logs is
really no harder. As a non-US ham I had to send some paperwork to ARRL.
However, it was not necessary to send top copies or photo i.d's (lots of
misinformation on here!), cost the equivalent of about $1 in photocopying, plus
a postage stamp. Encryption key was e-mailed to me shortly afterwards.

For those who find this too burdensome, no one is under any obligation to play
- just continue with the tried and trusted paper method.

And why is the burden of proof higher than with paper QSLs? Well, seems to me
that if someone tampers with a paper card, that's maybe two or three spoof QSOs
at most. A tampered-with e-log could have tens of thousands of QSOs that are
then suspect. I'll go with ARRL's approach to data integrity.

Now can we get back to contest matters ...

Don G3XTT