Re: [CQ-Contest] Filters for computers INFO

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Filters for computers INFO
From: "Mike DeChristopher" <kb1fwn@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 21:21:48 -0000
I had a similar problem when we installed a router.  Luckily, it was for the
computers inside the shack, but had to be connected all the same.  What I
did was use heavier-duty router cable and relocate the router away from the
shack.  I assumed the RF messing around with it was getting in through the
case, rather than the wire, but I did both just to be sure.  I have heard
that aluminum foil works (no idea on that one), but my fixes seemed to have
worked.  Do you use low-pass filters on your radio?

Mike DeChristopher, KB1FWN