[CQ-Contest] Re-sstv interfering with ssb contests

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re-sstv interfering with ssb contests
From: "John Walker" <g4ssw@walkerjr.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 19:15:52 +0100
Well I dont know if anyone will read this anyway
but i would like comment on the problum of sstv/ssb contests over here in the
uk.
I love worling contests and sstv so i have seen this from both sides of the
fence so to speak , but working in
a contest weather it be ssb at home or with my local club i avoid the sstv freq
on 14.230 and anyway if you
cannot hear the station replying your just wasting operating time.
When in sstv mode the ssb stations even operating a contest do not both me as
they represent a couple of
missing lines on the picture...., i would suggest that the sstv calling freqs
are to prevent sstv from interfering
with ssb operators not the other way round and if they were to roam the bands
with sstv at 400w and a huge ant                             it would be the
ssb and other modes that would suffer most.
As for not answering calls "is the freq in use" many sstv ops do not have mike
ability in data mode,my FT847 does.
but they are busy taking a rx picture and if you go to tx you loss the sync
totally.

Well thats my view and may i say this site makes intresting reading
73 fer now and thanks;

G4SSW