Re: [CQ-Contest] Austin Summerfest DX and Contest Forum

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Austin Summerfest DX and Contest Forum
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 14:24:32 -0500
     To anyone who might plan a last-minute trip to Austin, Texas for
the Austin Summerfest radio convention (including the DX and Contest
Forum sponsored by CTDXCC) here are some additional additional incentives
(in addition to the usual tourist offerings) for potential attendees and
family:

* The weekend of August 6-8 is a Sales Tax Holiday in the state of Texas.
  Sales tax will not be collected on most clothing and footwear priced
  under $100 per item:
  http://www.window.state.tx.us/taxinfo/taxpubs/tx98_490/tx98_490.html

* The Round Rock Express play Texas League baseball Friday and Saturday
  night against San Antonio at the Dell Diamond in suburban Round Rock.
  The Express regularly sell out their weekend games - and average over
  10,000 fans per game - more than the Montreal Expos!
  http://www.roundrockexpress.com/

* Austin has a new farmer's market downtown on Saturday mornings:
  http://www.austinfarmersmarket.org/

The CTDXCC looks forward to meeting contesters and DXers from around the
state and beyond this weekend!

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker@kenharker.com