Re: [CQ-Contest] recommendation for "quiet" computer monitor

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] recommendation for "quiet" computer monitor
From: Robert Katz <rob.katz@thelegacycenter.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 19:28:26 -0400
A while back I asked for recommendations for a quiet computer monitor, and I want to summarize what I found out. Many people recommended LCD monitors to solve the problem -- nobody had any complaints about them. Some CRT monitors that people recommended were the 21" KDS and the Envision 710. I ended up going for a generic, 15" LCD monitor.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

73,
  Rob, KA1ARB

I'm upgrading my station (including a new TS-850 thanks to your recommendations), and the next item to get is a quiet monitor for my computer. My current one is an NEC Accusync, a nice monitor but it generates all kind of noise in my radio.

Do any of you have a quiet monitor that you've recently bought? Maybe even an LCD one if it's not too expensive? I could just do the "buy one, test it, return it, try another..." method, but I'm hoping some of you have found one that works.

-- Rob Katz, Director Legacy Center, Inc.

(919) 678-6000 x106
(919) 678-6015 fax
rob.katz@TheLegacyCenter.com
www.TheLegacyCenter.com