[CQ-Contest] Pennsylvania QSO Party This Weekend

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Pennsylvania QSO Party This Weekend
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 08:44:33 EDT
I haven't seen anything posted here, so I just wanted to provide a quick
reminder that this weekend is the Pennsylvania QSO Party, starting at 1600z
today
(Saturday).

It runs to 0500z Sunday, and again from 1300z to 2200z on Sunday. Exchange is
QSO Number & QTH.

This is one of the oldest and biggest of the state parties.  It has
tremendous in state activity - including a lot by people who ordinarily aren't
contesters.  A lot of these people don't do a lot of CQing, rather just tune
around
calling people.  So it can be a lot of fun even for an out of state guy to CQ
on
a band open to PA ( on SSB) and run guys in PA.  Unlike most state QSO
parties, mults for the PA guys include ARRL sections, so you may be in a
new/rare
one (Hello California!).

And yes, I'll be out driving around PA. We may also stop in several rarer
counties to set up an operate as a rover, using a separate W3 call.  Hope to
work
lots of you!

73  -   Jim   K8MR