[CQ-Contest] Pennsylvania QSO Party This Weekend

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Pennsylvania QSO Party This Weekend
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 08:44:33 EDT
I haven't seen anything posted here, so I just wanted to provide a quick
reminder that this weekend is the Pennsylvania QSO Party, starting at 1600z

It runs to 0500z Sunday, and again from 1300z to 2200z on Sunday. Exchange is
QSO Number & QTH.

This is one of the oldest and biggest of the state parties.  It has
tremendous in state activity - including a lot by people who ordinarily aren't
contesters.  A lot of these people don't do a lot of CQing, rather just tune
calling people.  So it can be a lot of fun even for an out of state guy to CQ
a band open to PA ( on SSB) and run guys in PA.  Unlike most state QSO
parties, mults for the PA guys include ARRL sections, so you may be in a
one (Hello California!).

And yes, I'll be out driving around PA. We may also stop in several rarer
counties to set up an operate as a rover, using a separate W3 call.  Hope to
lots of you!

73  -   Jim   K8MR
CQ-Contest mailing list