RE: [CQ-Contest] Operator error

To: "'Art Boyars'" <art.boyars@verizon.net>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] Operator error
From: "W7TMT" <w7tmt@dayshaw.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 08:04:07 -0800
Art,

Here in the WWA section this past weekend one of our best
operators had a problem in which he was inadvertently
sending out two different checks depending on whether he was
using his "CQ" or "S&P" exchange. He discovered this partway
through the contest. His decision is quoted below from his
3830 report:

"Not possible now for me to determine which stations I sent
the wrong year
to.  So that others will not have their scores reduced, I
will not be submitting
the log."

Please note that he may very well have had, after final log
analysis, the winning score for his class in WWA since he
was within a few points of the other high scoring station
here based on their preliminary score reports.

There is no question about this man's ethics nor
sportsmanship. Top notch operator with top notch ethics. The
Contesting sport could use a few more players with this
level of integrity.

73
Patrick
W7TMT