[CQ-Contest] Voice Keyers

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Voice Keyers
From: "David Thompson" <thompson@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 18:53:45 -0500
I use the Nel-Tech DVK-100 and a pair of the older MFJ's.  I have amidon
beads on both MFJ's and shielded leads on the Nel-tech and don't seem to
have any problems.

The problem with using sound cards is that they are too broad for voice only
use and in a private discussion off line it was pointed out that
conventional filters that we used with SSB transmitters don't work as the
sound cards are digital.

Rick, K6VVA has been working on getting a complete set of .wav files set up
for just about every possibility.  For now I have the oft repeated in
message form and still say the call sign and perhaps the serial number.

Looks like some of the newer voice keyers are also worth looking into.

Dave K4JRB