[CQ-Contest] 10-4 good buddy

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 10-4 good buddy
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 07:33:36 EST

In a message dated 11/11/04 5:23:32 AM Greenwich Standard Time,
w7why@charter.net writes:

In SSB  contests, we would have to learn the "10 code" to go along with
Q  signals.  Make "you're wall to wall and tree top tall" part of  the
exchange instead of the tired old "59."  Now that would get  the
newbies involved.   73
Tom  W7WHY

Tom

I don't think you do as many ssb contest as I do.  Over the last  couple of
years, I have gotten quite a few 10-4 responses from newbies when  giving my
exchange on 20 meters.

If things are going slow, I'll gently remind them that we use QSL or Roger
instead of 10-4.  If things are really ripping I just let it go....like  when
your boss says "irregardless" for regardless.

It used to be ham training took place on the Novice sub-bands. Now it  takes
place on prime real estate parts of the bands.

Bill K4XS