[CQ-Contest] SPOTTING/ Cheerleading

To: "Cq-Contest@Contesting. Com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SPOTTING/ Cheerleading
From: "Tom Baugh" <tom@houserennerconst.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 08:15:49 -0600
Since there are no rules for or against spotting..
This
W5GN      14225.0 IT9SSI      ari contest requested i spot h0028 02 May 2004

Comment served no purpose
See rules here
http://www.ari.it/contest.html

"I think it's high time that contest sponsors document what is, and what is
not ethical in spotting.

A single op soliciting help in any form, either by requesting "cheerleading"
or that his club work him only,  should cause his entry to be re-classified
as multi-op.

N5NJ "

I don't think Contest Sponsors should be required to do anything. This
"service, hobby" is a "self policing" service.. that's what were doing now..
trying to distinguish, alter, sway opinion so as to make change. When the
majority of the group feels strongly enough to demand change (by either, not
supporting the sponsor.. his ultimate goal or by other means like near
unanimous choice) then change might occur.

Cheerleading is part of all sports, in the NFL, NBA, MLB they call it home
field advantage or 12th man etc.
If there's going to be competition, there will be cheerleading. And if your
team can cheer loud enough, you may have a dynasty.
I guarantee you the first man/woman/child to run a successful P5 contest
will have one helluva cheerleading section. AND will probably win the
contest.
I'm ALL FOR IT !

Tom
AE9B