Re: [Trlog] Thumb drives, DOS and TR

To: <kd4d@comcast.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>,<trlog@contesting.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Thumb drives, DOS and TR
From: "Barney Rubble" <w7gg@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 07:15:19 -0800
Well i have to admit i have not actually tried it but plan to soon... i have
used compact flash memory extensively for years and it acts like another hard
drive on ur pc very fast, erasable and rewriteable etc.   a very good tool for
moving big data files from one pc to another ......

in order to have tr and wlog on the same pc with windows xp pro as the primary
operating system i have a second hd on the pc with with win 98 and when i want
tr i boot off that drive into win 98 and then tr ......

i especially like wlog for rtty so2r but having trouble weaning myself from tr
especially for cw work!   there is none better for cw in my opinion ..... on
the other hand long term, a windows based contest logger is going to win out

i originally thot tr was hard to learn and setup etc. but its a piece of cake
compared to wlog!!   if it were not for the likes of the wlog users group wlog
wud be dead for lack of support ..... and, i understand that wlog is a hobby
connected project for the developer w5xd and he cannot be xpected to be a
miniature bill gats with support etc.
w5xd is to be commended as is tree and k1ea and k8cc  for their pioneering work
on comprehensive contest logging sw for us less talented in these esoteric
matters!!
de bob w7gg