Re: [CQ-Contest] Contests without no-packet operation

To: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contests without no-packet operation
From: Keith Kerr <k.kerr@abdn.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:23:13 +0000
Well said. I could not agree more.
Keith GM4YXI (GM7V)
Small towers, SO2R (but inept), packetless shack

Comparing packet to big beams and towers is nonsense. The bottom line is
there is only one person operating and finding stations at my big towered
station......me. In packet assisted, it is a multi-op no matter how you slice it.
I heard the same baloney about two radio operation......still only one op,
regardless of the number of radios.

I have no problems with other stations using packet, as long as they admit
using it when scores are submitted. If it increases their enjoyment, great.
It's a shame though, that we have to change the rules by making everyone in
the packet class, because some dirtbags cheat.

Bill K4XS........big towers, SO2R and packetless  contesting

------------
Dr Keith M Kerr,
Consultant and Clinical Senior Lecturer,
Department of Pathology,
Aberdeen University Medical School
and Aberdeen Royal Infirmary,
Foresterhill,