[CQ-Contest] Packet absurdity

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Packet absurdity
From: Paul Young <youngp@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:11:44 -0500
This is what I do when I'm tuning a band with packet:

If I hear a call which is in my bandmap I continue on.

Otherwise I type the call into the computer.

If the call is a dupe I spot it.  This way my bandmap
and everyone else's is up to date.

If it isn't a dupe I work it and then spot it.

I have no idea how many times I spot any particular
station during a contest.  And I don't care.

I'll be one of the operators from VP9I in the CQWW CW
contest. Please work us on six bands, and spot us if
we're not in your bandmap.  Working people is fun!

And please work and spot my competition too.  They
should also have fun.

OVER AND OUT

Paul, K1XM