Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheerling - Again

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheerling - Again
From: Jan Erik Holm <sm2ekm@telia.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 04:55:34 +0100
Yes we have to do something about this "friends working friends"
deal. You know some people got more friends then others so letting
people work friends doesnt make it fair.
Bad enough to spot friends or club members (even former) but to
actually make a contesr QSO with a friend surely must be worse.

73 Jim SM2EKM

Simon Brown, HB9DRV wrote:
Another take on cheerleading.

In a previous incarnation I was GD4ELI and always try to work the Isle of
Man contest stations on as many bands as possible. I also get a friend in
Holland to try to do the same. So recently MD4K was assisted by me, even
though I haven't spoken to anyone on the team for over 15 years. Fair or
unfair?

BTW a very big thanks to those who go to great lengths and costs to put on
stations with exotic calls during contests.

Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch