[CQ-Contest] Packet Cheerleading

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Packet Cheerleading
From: "Warren C. Stankiewicz" <nf1j@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 08:58:27 -0800
Maybe what we really need is, instead of packet cheerleaders, real ones.
Then we can feel more like other "real" sports--hire a couple from the local
high school to come into your shack on Sunday afternoon during SS and chant
"Make that Q! Find that mult!" and the like.

No acrobatics, though, please--in my house, the shack is pretty small, and
you might disturb my famed buffalo.

I'm sure someone very clever could rig something so that as you worked
something rare, the sound of a crowd roaring could rise in the background so
you could feel you were, truly, one of the Special and Deserving.

The next step from there, of course, will be for contest winners to
merchandise clothing and the like. Who wouldn't want the K1AR CQ WW winner
T-shirt, the HC8N baseball cap, and a K3ZO-certified genuine operating
chair?

Larson E Rapp, W1IIOU