[CQ-Contest] Re: SS CW, part deux

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, k4jny@yahoo.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: SS CW, part deux
From: "Scott R." <w4pa@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 07:57:16 -0800 (PST)
Mouth ahead of head - I just read that the rockcrusher signal we were
putting into New Zealand was 80m, not 40m.  Have to say *THAT* makes
all the low band antenna work we've done worth it!

W4PA

Ken,

Thanks for the report on signals from over there.  Louder in New
Zealand than the locals on 40 meters was not quite what I was hoping
for in SS CW :-) but it's good to know that we're putting in a nice one
down under.  I knew the band was long in SS - I didn't realize quite
how long!

DX contest season is now here!

Scott W4PA

SS CW coincided with the ZL SKN, which was a leisurely affair
leaving time to log some strong sigs from the US - Sunday 7th
between 0700 and 0830UTC.
They included :-
W2GD
K7OX
N2OW
N6HC
W4RM
W4MYA
N6VR
N0YY
K5GO
W4PA
and, W6CQP and W6RJ were outstanding.
Running only 5 watts, I didn't bother to call <G>.
There many more US stations heard - I logged only those that
were stronger than some of the ZLs.
73, and GL in the CQWW.
Ken ZL1AIH