Re: [CQ-Contest] Cordless headsets?

To: RICHARD BOYD <ke3q@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cordless headsets?
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:10:44 -0800
     Actually, the original post was inquiring about the possible availability
of a cordless headset (headphones plus boom microphone.)

     The closest fit to ham radio might be this Plantronics headset:
http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/productName/CS50FREESHIP
It is designed to be plugged into a telephone, but someone creative
might be able to hack it into regular headphone and mic connectors.
It is digital audio, but it doesn't look like the best set of headphones...

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 03:22:59PM -0500, RICHARD BOYD wrote:
> Yes, they are readily available here in the U.S., hence you should be able
> to find many to choose from on-line.  I bought my Sony pair from Best Buy, a
> big U.S. chain.  There were several makes and models available for less than
> $100, as I recall.  Let's see, my model appears to be the Sony tmr-RF945r.
> Fun to listen to the radio while walking around the house, or going out back
> to work on antennas.
>
> I think when I first saw these used it was at a multi-multi where the
> station owner listened in on the operation while doing other things around
> the house.
>
> 73 - Rich, KE3Q

Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker@kenharker.com