[CQ-Contest] RE: CN2KM - Anyone know the op?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE: CN2KM - Anyone know the op?
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 20:54:40 -0800
Oh my gosh...just when you think you've heard it all ;-(

On 40m CW tonight, for a moment I thought my RX was jumping all over the place. CN2KM would work one or two people and then be on a different frequency. I called real low once & he apparently came back but I didn't hear him because he had "moved" again. So I started listening "around" again, and there he was calling me. By that time I had already changed TX frequency. Several re-attempts resulted in him not hearing me and moving on down the line.

If he tuned across the pile and picked a new station, then his XMIT frequency changed ;-(

Finally, I got through, QRS'd and said: "You need to fix your RIT/XIT, OM". He came back and asked what was wrong. I said "You keep QSYing". His response was: "Just follow me" (or something like that). One or two others on frequency gave out an "hi".

If this guy keeps the same operating style during a crowded band during the CQWW, there will be a lot of *unnecessary* confusion.

If anyone knows the op of CN2KM, please grab him and shake some sense into him (especially if this is a contest operation).

FYI & 73...

Rick, K6VVA