[CQ-Contest] RE: Signing /QRP in Contests...

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE: Signing /QRP in Contests...
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 19:51:35 -0800
Jeff, K8ND (sometimes PJ2/K8ND) commented:

> "/QRP" is just more noise in the pileup.

Amen & Amen & Amen.

My "Final-Final" comments I feel need to include the following, in response to those in favor of "/QRP" callsign add-ons for *whatever* reasons, which then should require the appropriate corresponding add-ons by NON-QRP stations ... for "equality" ... and so everyone will be better able to "identify" extra operator/station handicaps or lack thereof in the midst of a contest (like, people have nothing better do do, right?): (*)

1. callsign/GCQ (I'm operating from a Geographically Challenged QTH with low antennas, so please work harder to pick me out of the pileup, okay?)

2. callsign/NSO2R (I'm not SO2R, so please turn down the volume on your other radio and be extra special kind to me, okay?)

3. callsign/NXYL (I'm not fortunate enough like the married operators to have an XYL to bring me food during the contest, am thinking about petitioning for a new NO XYL awards category by the contest sponsor, so please bend over backwards to work me, okay?

4. callsign/NSYOBT (I'm not fortunate enough to have stacked yagis on big towers, so please go out of your way to separate me from the big boys in the pileup, okay?)

5. callsign/INSPT (I'm not in a Geographically Challenged QTH, not SO2R, don't have stacked yagis on a big tower, no XYL to serve me food during the contest, but I need "Special Preferential Treatment" for some personal reason *during* the contest exchange or on a QSL card. Please forget about your high QSO per hour rate goals, overall contest goals and stop to spend extra time working me, especially in bad QRM if I have a real weak signal for whatever reason, okay?)

ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I think Detective Jack Friday would probably say: "Just gimme the callsign, only the callsign, and ditch the UN-necessary"

73...

Rick, K6VVA

(*) P.S. I hope no one thinks I am really serious here ;-(