Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL 10m prediction

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL 10m prediction
From: Doug Smith W9WI <w9wi@earthlink.net>
Date: 13 Dec 2004 08:04:56 -0600
On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 07:55, asciibaron@comcast.net wrote:
> because so many stations do not verify the call or exchange info before
> moving to the next station in an effort to keep their rates high.  what the
> heck is the point of exchanging info if you are not taking care to copy the
> exchange or callsign correctly.  several of these are the only qso i had with
> that mult and i am certain that my qso will not count and now my score will
> suffer.

Unfortunately true.  Based on the list of spots of W9WI found on DX
Summit after the contest, at least one spotter made a rash assumption
about my QTH.  He'll lose the QSO, and so will anyone else who followed
that spot & didn't bother to listen to the exchange...
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66