RE: [CQ-Contest] FW: Nov SS op location

To: "John Geiger" <johngeig@yahoo.com>,"Doug Smith W9WI" <w9wi@earthlink.net>,"cq-contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] FW: Nov SS op location
From: "Richard DiDonna NN3W" <NN3W@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 11:45:40 -0500
From: John Geiger <johngeig@yahoo.com>
To: Doug Smith W9WI <w9wi@earthlink.net>, cq-contest
<cq-contest@contesting.com>

>And what is to stop the guy from going to the ARRL
>logs submitted page, finding your call, and seeing
>what section is associated with it.  Or looking back
>through old line scores to see what section you
>normally enter from?  Hey, that could be the one
>positive thing for the ARRL dropping line scores, it
>can limit this kind of after contest editing.
>
>73s John NE0P

Ya know John, that is a very interesting observation.

I've noted that ARRL supresses certain info until the
deadline for a contest submission has passed - namely
the claimed score info.

I think that somebody really needs to tell Dan
Henderson or whomever is the contest/web guy at ARRL
to supress any information that could have been used
in the exchange (except for the obvious - the
callsign).

There's too much ability to do some post-log massaging
and error elimination.

Rich NN3W