Re: [CQ-Contest] Be careful

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Be careful
From: KI9A@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 12:07:19 EST

In a message dated 12/31/2004 10:13:21 A.M. Central Standard Time,
aa4lr@arrl.net writes:

Boy, was  I wrong.

I was completely inadequate. I couldn't use the superstation  to its
full effectiveness.

This years' CW SS, I went to K9SD with the same idea...what I did was  finish
with a lower score than my best from my QTh with a G5RV!

Even though I had op'ed from Sam's great station several times during M/S
contests, I sure thought I'd be able to better--I even thought I had a good
grasp on the station capabilties.,

I am "budget" limited here, I live on a 100' x 140' lot. I have good
equipment, but no tower. Every time I get ready to put a tower up, my old car
hobby
pops up with a deal, then the tower goes down the tubes again. I learn to
live with 2 semi-expensive hobbies by splitting time & $ between them. Heck,
if
I sold my '67 Impala, '66 Nova & '62 Bel-Air, I could then sell this  house &
buy a larger lot & build some larger antennas...but, I  enjoy having 2 great
hobbies, cars in the spring/summer & radio in  fall/winter. It's perfect.

73 & HNY
Chuck KI9A