Re: [CQ-Contest] Be careful

To: kc1f@adelphia.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Be careful
From: K3BU@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 17:33:00 EST
In a message dated 1/1/2005 4:52:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kc1f@adelphia.net
writes:
I'm assuming you're referring to the OH expedition to PJ9W in 1990 SSB
?.  They did 51.3M.  I looked back 3 years and did not find 6Y M/M operation
in WW SSB, at least not in the leader box, and much less "MM world record
beating", which on SSB would be 78 M by CN8WW.  Different year, different
mode (?), different competion.  I agree that well-placed verticals work
great, but I think that yagis at a decent height will win...

Please correct me and HNY

Stu   KC1F

It was   1998 - 6Y2A M/M in CQ WW CW

more info at
http://www.k2kw.com/verticals/verticalinfo.htm

Verticals on the beach will outdo Yagis at low angles and DX performance.
I have played with them as N2EE on 10m from Cape Hatteras (US LP record), NC
and can vouch for it. Now using some real arrays....

73 HNY

Yuri, K3BU.us