[CQ-Contest] RE: [YCCC] ft-1000mp beverage switching?

To: "'David Robbins K1TTT'" <k1ttt@arrl.net>,"'YCCC'" <yccc@yccc.org>,"'reflector cq-contest'" <CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE: [YCCC] ft-1000mp beverage switching?
From: "Brian Lambert, N1IK" <n1ik@n1ik.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 14:35:56 -0500
I believe that's right, David, the RX port is not switched off/out when the
rig is transmitting.

To protect my radio, especially now that I have an amplifier, I installed a
relay to disconnect my K9AY loop from the FT-1000MP MARK-V Field during TX.
K9AY sells one:

http://www.aytechnologies.com/Products/RIP1data.htm
http://www.aytechnologies.com/

I could have made my own, but his was cheap enough that it wasn't worth my
time.

Best,

Brian Lambert
N1IK