[CQ-Contest] K0WA - No NAQP because of Ice

To: CQcontest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] K0WA - No NAQP because of Ice
From: Lee Buller <k0wa@swbell.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 12:21:54 -0800 (PST)
To my chagrin, I will not be on this weekend for NAQP CW....one of my favorite
contests.  Newton, Kansas got hit with a hugh ice storm and I have been out of
power since Tuesday.  The TH6DXX is sagging...the tower is loaded with ice
still...and the dipoles are busted up.  I have a lot of tree damage too.  Ice
is still hanging everywhere since the temp is just 29 degrees.  I hope I do not
loose the tower.  Tomorrow should warm up, but I ll miss the event because of
no power.  I don;t know when it will be on again.  Some sources say another 5
days.  Newton looks like it has gone through a war.

73 and have fun guys

K0WA ... 599 LEE