Re: [CQ-Contest] Just when you think

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Just when you think
From: "Ivo Pezer I7/9A3A" <5b4ada@aliceposta.it>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 08:28:34 +0100
Steve's suggestion makes perfect sense to me.

I still remember when I was in Haiti and had to wait 10 minutes to hear a
callsign of a (world known) station running huge pile up during the CQWW
Phone
contest. Huge pile up because of QTH/hardware is already an advantage and
penalizing the other station by not signing a call sign is really unfair. A
complete two-way QSO includes both callsign and report exchange.

During my recent trip to Sierra Leone (9L1ADA) I had a chance to enjoy again
huge pile-ups at some times, but the only time I would not sign my call when
working tail-end QSOs. Same applies to contest - one should not be
increasing his/her rate at the expense of the other competitor.
Requests to repeate callsign or QRS should be another way of saying "thank
you for the points". Without small station's activity there would be no fun.

Ivo I7/9A3A

ex 9L1ADA, C4A, HH2AW, 4V2A ...