Re: [CQ-Contest] Voice Automation Enhancements and the future

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Voice Automation Enhancements and the future
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:53:07 -0800
Tom, W7WHY wrote:

> I especially have problems with auroral flutter and accents. CW I can copy with no problems--stations
> with real heavy accents--I might as well turn stuff off and go watch
> football. It would be neat to have software that would decode stuff in
> your own language without accents. Then fone rates would really go up :-)
> How far out would that be???

Umh, here's a novel thought: all of the "real heavy accent" stations use ENGLISH voice-fonts :-) :-) :-)

> W7WHY

Nostalgic Trivia: I doubt most folks know that Jim, N6TJ/ZD8Z, started out in Ham Radio Contesting from 7-land...with his callsign close to yours: W7BHY (I think that was it :-)

73...

Rick, K6VVA