RE: [CQ-Contest] NA Sprint

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] NA Sprint
From: Doug Smith W9WI <w9wi@earthlink.net>
Date: 11 Feb 2005 08:25:05 -0600
On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 04:38, jukka.klemola@nokia.com wrote:
> It is uncool we do not have this contest in Europe.
> We have our own Sprint and I will definitely participate the
> next one if I have any chance of going QRV on any band for
> the contest.

Of course, there's nothing that says you can't participate in ours from
Finland!  (well, maybe the propagation<grin>)

> The contest a tad short?
> Just 4 hours.

I think this is one of the best features of Sprint.

In fact...  while I'm not suggesting we change the Sprint rules, I think
it would be interesting to try an even *shorter* contest.  One hour
would probably be the shortest reasonable format.

I think it would also be interesting to try an extremely *long*
contest.  For example, allow a total of 24 hours of operating time
during a 30-*day* period.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66