[ct-user] Who uses the CTY.DAT file?

To: dx-news@njdxa.org, ct-user@contesting.com,cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [ct-user] Who uses the CTY.DAT file?
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 12:24:25 -0800 (PST)
CTY.DAT is the country file database that is used by various contest logging
programs.  It lives at http://www.k1ea.com/cty/

I am planning on changing the data source I used to generate the file.  This
will result in a number of new entries, and will allow me to save some work in
not having to maintain two separate databases.  There are some possible
enhancements I would like to explore.  Some of these are already supported by
CT and Writelog, but I have not yet "thrown the switch" in order to maintain
backward compatibility.

I'm most interested in non-contest logging software that makes use of this
database.  This could be DX Packet software, general purpose logging, etc. I
know that Peter Jennings, VE3SUN uses CTY.DAT in his DX Monitor program
(http://www.benlo.com/dxmon.html).  I'm sure there are others.

Please respond to me privately if you use the CTY.DAT file in your software, or
know of software that does use it.  I will summarize the information on the
K1EA web site.

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us