Re: [CQ-Contest] FT1000MP blinking frequency display

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FT1000MP blinking frequency display
From: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 12:09:08 -0600
Doug,

This is a 'common' problem with a 1000MP.
The 9 volt regulator has died.

The voltage regulators are found on the REG-UNIT circuit board.  This
board is accessed from the top of the transceiver.  The power unit,
blower and support frame have to be removed to get at the circuit board.
The output voltage of the regulator can be checked at plug J9015 pin 3
and should read close to 9 volts with of course power on.

The faulty 9 volt L7809 Q9002 all plastic isolated regulator can be
easily removed after removing an adjacent circuit board shield and
lifting the REG-UNIT circuit board edgewise to access the 3 pins of
the voltage regulator.

Doug

--
Doug Renwick VA5DX
PO Box 50, Clavet, Saskatchewan, Canada S0K 0Y0