Re: [CQ-Contest] Global Flyer - Sleep deprivation, food intake,and physi

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Global Flyer - Sleep deprivation, food intake,and physical endurance
From: "Randy Thompson, K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 05:06:06 -0000
This quote at the end of the article says it all.

"Although Steve Fossett is extreme in what he does, I very rarely find that
people are physiologically different. It is the mental difference that is the
real difference. Physiologically most people are relatively normal - it is what
drives them that makes them so unusual."

Nothing could be more true for getting through a 48 hour radio contest.  You
have to want it very bad.

Randy, K5ZD