[CQ-Contest] BARTG Spring RTTY KW contest

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] BARTG Spring RTTY KW contest
From: w2nra@optonline.net
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:14:56 -0500
I’ve been thinking about the BARTG Spring RTTY KW contest, perhaps way more
than I should.  I wonder who is demonstrating more arrogance, John GW4SKA, in
eliminating the Low Power class, or me in writing this.  I guess it’s me,
again.  Doesn’t the FCC require, though not enforce, the use of minimal power?
Doesn’t the IARU, ARRL and other amateur radio organizations advocate for lower
power?  Don’t contesters already have a bad enough reputation in flooding the
bands in fat signals almost every weekend?  Should an IARU organization such as
BARTG promote the use of amplifiers?

 I realize that it is BARTG’s contest and they can do what they want.  But I
can choose not to participate.  I’m still thinking about that one.  I will
probably spend more time this weekend in the Russian DX CW contest.

73,
Art
W2NRA