Re: [CQ-Contest] IRLP Contest

To: "'CQ Contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] IRLP Contest
From: "Sean D.Fleming (K8KHZ)" <sean@k8khz.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:49:34 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
 I agree with Dale to let the contest go on.
I only point out that IRLP repeaters might be busy not all
repeaters and also that I disagree with the Echolink and
IRLP folks calling it DXing when they make a contact
with a DX contact over the repeater or the internet.

IRLP though for everyone here is only accessable via VHF to repeaters.
the repeater links are made via the internet.

VS.

Echolink where IP to IP commnuications goes on.

What we need is more elmering to young hams.
the way I understand it all. According to the ARRL
proposal the FCC technicians will be auto upgraded
to General Class overnight. without testing of theory.
Then the next Day new novices will have to take a general
test. Meaning the ARRL has stated that Techs know enough
already to get on HF. Only the 5WPM is the divider.

What does this mean. If we do not elmer these techs to HF
then HF operation will become sloppy and we will have
bad ops.

Sean K8KHZ