[CQ-Contest] On time correction

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] On time correction
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:23:34 -0800
K6LL wonders:

> TIME ON CALCULATION
> 2100-0849 =  710
> 1313-1605 =  173
> 1635-0154 =  559
>            ------
>   On time = 1443 minutes (max of 1440).
>
> One thing I don't understand though. Why didn't the log checker
> compute my last op time segment (1635 to 0154) as 560 minutes,
> rather than 559? That would have made my op time 1444.

I did find a small bug in the program - but it turns out to only be
a cosmetic isssue.

When printing the ON TIME for the last operating period - the time
shown should one more than it is shown.  However, note that the
total number of minutes is actually correct (being one more than
the total of the operating periods shown).

So - the total 1443 is indeed correct and the right number of
minutes is taken off at the end.

This is fixed for next year.

Tree