[CQ-Contest] Recruiting women into ham radio

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Recruiting women into ham radio
From: "Roberts, Will" <will.roberts@pgnmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 13:52:44 -0500
With the recent discussion of women in ham radio (or the lack thereof),
I think we would be remiss in not recognizing the efforts of the Society
of Midwest Contesters in their never ending efforts to recruit women
into our ranks. Why I have witnessed my friend K9PG and others at the
Dayton Hooters on his knees practically begging some of the young women
there to join in their operations! I'm not exactly sure which contest
they were recruiting for, but it I'm sure it was at least a Multi-2. I'm
not sure that they have ever had any success at it, but that has never
stopped their inspired (and perhaps  inebriated efforts) to (increase
their) score.

With that said I look forward to seeing many of you at this years'
"Thursday evening recruitment bash" at the Dayton Hooters! I'll be the
one wearing the "Contesters Do It All Night" badge.

73,

Will AA4NC