[CQ-Contest] Follow-up note on a QRQ keyer

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Follow-up note on a QRQ keyer
From: "Barry " <w2up@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 22:52:18 -0000
Sorry to interrupt the discussion on emergency nets...  :.)

You may recall, several weeks ago I posed a question about getting a
keyer that sends faster than 60 WPM via the paddles.  I'm currently
using a CMOS Superkeyer III.  With some help from one of the keyer's
designers (KC0Q) I now have a solution - I overclocked it.  The keyer
is designed with a 2 MHz ceramic resonator for timing.  I replaced it
with a 3 MHz ceramic resonator.  I have to multiply everything that's
calibrated (speed, sidetone, etc.) by 1.5 for the true result, but it
did the trick.

I don't know if anyone else would ever have the need for such a
thing, but it's now in the archives for posterity.
73,
Barry W2UP--