Re: [CQ-Contest] Worked Before...

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Worked Before...
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 20:13:13 -0800
Scott, KI5DR wrote;

I encountered an incident a couple of times this last weekend during WPX SSB.
Once was on 10m SSB working an SA station, and he gave me "sorry, worked

Although only part-time in the WPX, I had more than I wanted of these
embarrassing situations.

WL clearly showed a new station, non-dupe status when I typed in the
callsigns, called the stations, only to be told "worked before".  Several
even gave me the QSO # and time, and scrolling back through the log,
discovered we had in fact QSO'd.  Bizarre.

The culprit was WL, and my apologies to any (one might have been KI5DR :-)
who had to endure this technological based problem during the contest.  I
need to do more research, but I believe most of the problems involved
"split" frequency operation.

Rick, K6VV

CQ-Contest mailing list