Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWPX

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWPX
From: "Tonno Vahk" <tonno.vahk@mail.ee>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 16:01:08 +0300
I did get an email yesterday from Steve with my 2004 SSB UBN! Jukka, OH6LI,
was kind to forward my enquiries to Steve via Nokia internal email system.
There seems to have been a problem with email forwarding from Steve's cqww
address.

Anyway, he also promised to get me UBN-s from previous years from BJQ.

I was glad to get much clearer understanding about log checking procedure
from the UBN. It looked nicely done and thorough. They use software by WT4I
I guess.

1. You lose QSOs where you copied serial number wrong. You don't lose when
the other station copied wrong.
2. You don't lose Uniques or even Uniques with Alternatives (possible
mistakes) automatically.
3. You lose Uniques that have been verified as wrong by cross-checking
4. You loose NILs (no chance of getting away when only 1 symbol wrong like
CQWW I guess)

They do show you all the uniques, bads, nils, etc. QSOs with details and
mistakes. Very nice!

Out of 2 695 QSOs I had 57 unmatched numbers and 15 NILs. So lost those
QSOs. Had 18 Uniques and 21 Uniques with Alternatives and did not loose
those.

So I wish Steve strength do carry on and I am sure it is possible to get
things well in track.

cu in wpx cw
73
tonno