Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC 2006 and Writelog

To: "Doug Smith W9WI" <w9wi@earthlink.net>,"cq-contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC 2006 and Writelog
From: "Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc@r66.ru>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 01:48:03 +0600
> It might not be a bad idea for more contest sponsors to sit down
> specify a Cabrillo format for their contest, and then encourage
> writers to adhere to their specifications.  IIRC the Wisconsin QSO
> has done so.
> --
> Doug Smith W9WI
> Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66
> http://www.w9wi.com

There is huge discussion going on on Russian contest reflector about
Cabrillo now. If Cabrillo is the standard it has to be maintained by
someone, That someone I think is Trey. That means that all the
contest sponsors who wants their logs submitted in Cabrillo need to
agree the output format with Trey. Well that is not easy. I have
started more then one year ago on the request of Russian DX contest
sponsors. We went as far as new proposed version of Cabrillo on
Trey's web site and stuck there. I understand Trey has other duties
to attend but we now have to think about setting our own standard.
That is no good IMHO. Too many standards is worse then no standard at
all.  I suspect that other contest sponsors may ran into the same

73, Igor UA9CDC

CQ-Contest mailing list