Re: [CQ-Contest] LOTW DXCC :-{

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] LOTW DXCC :-{
From: WI8W <wi8w@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 04:07:54 +0000
"Too bad that e-qsl isn't recognized for any awards....

             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901"

Not exactly true.  The QRP Amateur Radio Club International offers a full range
of awards that recognize EQSL verifications.  Just 2 requirements though...

1.  The EQSL must come from a Authenticated member of EQSL and the applicant
for any award must also be a Authenticated member if they use EQSL
verifications to qualify for a award.

2.  Our awards are for QRP operations only.

The EQSL website has a list of every organization/or award that accepts EQSL
for verification.

It is a shame that the ARRL choose not to recognize EQSL.  But I also
understand their "if we did not think of it, it is not worth our effort"
mentality.

By the way,  I have asked that our awards program be included in LOTW..but I
suspect that is several years away yet.

As for the expense of LOTW...I find that it is a lot cheaper than about 90% of
the money I have spent over the years for QSL cards.  I still prefer a good old
paper card for the "beauty" of them.

73

Thom WI8W
Awards Manager QRPARCI