Re: [CQ-Contest] e qsl

To: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] e qsl
From: R Johnson <k1vu@tmlp.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 13:07:16 -0400
At 21:03 4/29/2005, you wrote:
>The eQSL verification system has holes you could drive a truck through. I
>have dozens of "eQSL's" from stations I've never worked, one of them from a
>COUNTRY I've never worked!
>73, de Hans, K0HB
>I have QSLs for 2 meter contacts, 6 meter contacts, FM contacts, psk31 on e
>qsl...all of which I do not use.  I even have QSLs from 1994- 1996, when I was

You have the ability to "REJECT" a QSO in eQSL, which is more than LoTW
provides. Most of the time it's due to a busted call. I have K1VV and
K1VUT in my area. All 3 of us are contesters. In CW if you drop a Dit
or Dah you got my callsign instead of theirs. I just "REJECT" the QSO
as "Wrong call, NIL" and that takes care of the problem.

>The main problem I have with e qsl, is it will take ADF files from NA, but
>will not take anything from CT, which is what I use for most of my contesting.

I've using CT since Ver 5 or 6. To get an ADIF file from CT, you need
to use the "C2A" utility (CT 2 ADIF). I've converted all my old CT
contest logs to ADIF's and uploaded them to eQSL and signed them for
LoTW uploads.

You can find C2A on the K1EA website.

Bob, K1VU

>Bill K4XS