Re: [CQ-Contest] CW vs TEXT Messaging

To: mike l dormann <w7dra@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CW vs TEXT Messaging
From: Alan Zack <k7acz@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 17:07:03 -0700
Here's a place to find some of these Old Geezers:
http://www.comm-one.org/
I have been a card carrying ZUT'er since 1964.
ZUT & 73

mike l dormann wrote:

> given the number of 90+ year old guys i have been recently QSOing on 40m
> CW, i guess Jay will have no trouble finding some geezers to do the CW
> part................
>
> mike w7dra (not a geezer at 64)
>

> On Thu, 12 May 2005 11:31:22 -0700 "Ward Silver"
> <hwardsil@centurytel.net> writes:
>
>>Relayed from K7SS...73, Ward N0AX
>>
>>Extra!  Extra!  Read all about it...
>>
>>... just in.
>>if you recall the story last week about CW beating the fastest text
>>
>>messaging,
>>
>>Jay Leno is scheduled to do a segment, CW vs. Messaging race
>>on Friday nights show.  This FRIDAY
>>
>>de K7SS Wireservice

Alan Zack
Amateur Radio Station K7ACZ
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired
SEMPER PARATUS
http://www.gocoastguard.com
DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY