Re: [CQ-Contest] insulators

To: David Robbins K1TTT <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] insulators
From: Jack Brindle <jackbrindle@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 16:01:39 -0700
Oh cool!!!!! Someone could rework them to be hanging lamps. I bet
they could also be used as weather shields for antenna things.

Still, these things look way cool. it would be a shame to destroy
them. On the other hand, the YF would not be too pleased if I came up
with a batch of them to store in _my_ garage for that day when I
start a lamp business (not!).

On May 27, 2005, at 2:31 PM, David Robbins K1TTT wrote:

> Where I am working (at least for the next week) they are cleaning
> house and
> are about to trash tons of big insulators.  I grabbed a couple
> interesting
> ones to see if I could find a use for them.  Anyone know if
> collectors like
> these or have any suggestions for uses besides lamp shades or bird
> baths?
> http://www.k1ttt.net/images/insulator1.jpg
> http://www.k1ttt.net/images/insulator2.jpg
> There are also some smaller bright blue porcelain ones and of
> course tons of
> brown porcelain.

-Jack Brindle, W6FB