[CQ-Contest] 2005 Dayton Contest Dinner, Super Suite and Forum Wrap Up

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 2005 Dayton Contest Dinner, Super Suite and Forum Wrap Up
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 08:54:02 EDT
>From a selfish point of view, I like the concept of being able to rummage to
the goodies at the hamfest on Friday, go to the suites on Friday night, sleep
late on Saturday and then roll out of bed and go downstairs to the forums.

However, I do see it from the vendors' and the casual contesters' viewpoint
too.

The change in venue would never had to take place if the organizers had not
stuffed us year after year into the dinky room.  If the organizers really do
care about keeping attendance up and bucks flowing from contesters' and DXers'
pockets into the vendors' pockets, maybe they need to be a little more
accommodating in the assignment of meeting rooms next year.
A bigger room......or else back to the hotel for a second year.  This could
be a great bargaining chip in getting the room we deserve at the Hamfest.

One last thing....a big thank you to K3LR and K1DG for setting it all up.

Bill K4XS