[CQ-Contest] Update on Krassy Petkov - K1LZ

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, yccc@yccc.org, wrtc2006@wrtc.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Update on Krassy Petkov - K1LZ
From: K1ZM@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 13:21:38 EDT
Guys

I just spoke to Krassy Petkov's wife about his condition and Krassimira gave
me the following update as of mid afternoon today.  They operated on him last
night and did surgical repairs to his left leg around the hip.  Apparenty some
metal parts were involved and Krassy is in ALOT of pain.  Yet, the doctors
are optimistic about his recovery.

At the moment, not only is his left leg broken but the right one is severely
bruised and Krassy is basically immobile - he cannot move at all.  There is no
paralysis - just some time needed to recover from his injuries I guess.

He is in the Cape Breton Regional Hospital in Sydney, NS - and as far as I
know, he has no phone at this time.  I called the main patient number and a
nurse went and found Krassimira so she could come to the phone and talk with me.

That's the latest on his condition - please keep this big guy in your prayers
- he has alot to go through from this fall before things get back to normal.

73 JEFF

K1ZM@aol.com