Re: [CQ-Contest] Multi operations with single series of serialnumbers (W

To: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Multi operations with single series of serialnumbers (WAE)
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 08:31:20 -0700
On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 06:53:59AM -0400, Pete Smith wrote:
> DARC firmly requires that multi-transmitter entries in the WAEDC use a
> single series of serial numbers.  Which of the contest logging software
> packages out there supports this?  I understand that most of them have
> trouble with this, instead preferring one series of serial numbers for each
> radio.

Seems really hard even if you use paper.

If I read this rule correctly, it seems even harder.

 Multi Operator - Band changes are allowed every ten minutes; this also
 includes QTC traffic.  Exception: working of a multiplier. Other
 transmitters may be used in parallel to the main station to work
 multipliers on other bands (note: this means, several signals may be
 on the air on different bands at the same time).

I read this as saying that I can have one run station and
'several' other multiplier stations on the air making
contacts at the same time.  How to you manage consecutive
serial numbers with parallel contacts?   I guess you would
have to have some sort of reserving system or something.

I am sure you could make it work - I once did a phone sprint
as a M/M and we used consecutive serial numbers - we sat elbow
to elbow and had a sheet of paper in the front of the middle person
and marked of the next number of the list as we used them and left
spaces on the log pages used by each operator.  But that was only
for four hours and only over three bands, with only two really
active at a time.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net