Re: [CQ-Contest] MasterBooter V3.4 software

To: "Jim Monahan" <K1PX@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] MasterBooter V3.4 software
From: kd4d@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 13:28:53 +0000
Hi Jim:

This looks like just a boot loader.  You still need to repartition the
disk to allow the installation of DOS.  You can do the same things
this does, mainly, with a free program called GAG.

For fairly detailed directions on how to set up a dual boot system
with DOS and WindowsXP, without destroying the WindowsXP
system, see http://k1ea.com/hints/
"Dual Boot Real DOS on Windows XP".  This shows you how
to do this using free tools (free as in "free beer").

All of my machines boot DOS and Windows XP (and Linux also,
but that is another story).  I have never had to reinstall
Windows XP, just shrink the partition containing it.

This is pretty straightforward but a bit involved.

Let me know if you have any questions.

73,

Mark, KD4D