[CQ-Contest] NAQP newbie (and oldbie) statistics FWIW

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] NAQP newbie (and oldbie) statistics FWIW
From: Doug Smith W9WI <w9wi@earthlink.net>
Date: 07 Aug 2005 10:33:50 -0500
In his NAQP soapbox on the TCG list, NA4K wrote:
"The activity seemed to be good and quite a few new calls in the log
along with the regulars."

This may or may not be of interest...

This morning, I whipped up a quick Perl script.  It checked each call in
my NAQP log, and counted how many times that call appears in my overall
logbook. (98,533 total QSOs in the database)

I found 34 stations worked yesterday for the first time:  (787 total
QSOs in the NAQP log)

AA6RR   AI4IE   K0XI    K4ZU    K5YQF   K7NAA   K9IDX   K9WQ    KB3FJJ
KC2GOW  KC2NMZ  KD5VRK  KF6PVY  KR4OW   N2YO    N3GGT   N4HXI   N8JTS
NA9U    NX1P    NZ0R    VA1MM   VA5SAM  VA7PAC  W2JLK   W4CCU   W5OV
W5SG    W6UQZ   W7BD    W8GH    WB4RDH  WH6ASW  WY7N

Some of these I'm sure are new calls for folks who've been around
awhile.  (for example, W5OV may have been worked yesterday for the first
time but I count 13 QSOs with his previous call N5NJ)  K0XI is a club,
and was probably operated by someone who's familiar to the log.

But looking them up on QRZ.com, I note two who've been hams for less
than three years.  One is 14 years old.  Two are YLs.

On the other side of the stats...  The stations worked yesterday who
appear the *most* times in my overall log:

156     K4RO
127     K3WWP
123     K0EJ
121     WO4O