[CQ-Contest] Attitudes

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Attitudes
From: "S. Markowski Jr." <km9m-zig@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 01:45:20 +0000
A quote from today's reflector:

"Ok here my solution to the problem. If I don't subscribe to CQ ( and I
    >don't) I will never see the results. If I win a cert or plaque I will never
    >see it. So I will operate the CQ contests but never submit a log. If more
of
    >us do this then the log checkers at CQ will see the number of submitted
logs
    >fall sharply and maybe the will realize the problem. Also I will be a Nil
in
    >everyone's logs that submits a logs thus more people will be upset I will
    >have fun in the contest and not miss anything as CQ doesn't do anything but
    >make the rules No results for non subscribers and not cert. or plaques for
    >the winners
    >For me it is a win win solution"

a Response:
    If you don't submit a log, how will you be a "NIL" for everyone that
    works you?  If you have a gripe about ANY contest sponsor......... WRITE
    a letter or email to the CONTEST SPONSOR, instead of whining on a reflector
    about what might happen if/when you win something.  Encourage your
    followers to do the same.
    Perhaps your time would be better spent LEARNING about Ham Radio and
    Contesting, rather that whining about what might happen to you, and
spreading
    negativity....  You'd be part of the solution, not a part (or
    cheerleader)of the problem.  In you're current mindset, I don't see you
    winning anything... not even an invite to a M/M to learn/participate in.

    73,
    Zig - KM9M